What is involved in Design computing
Find out what the related areas are that Design computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Design computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Design computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Design computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Design computing related domains to cover and 36 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Design computing, Artificial Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture, Building Information Modeling, Computational Thinking, Computational creativity, Computer-Aided Design, Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Digital morphogenesis, Key Centre of Design Computing and Cognition, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts:
Design computing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Design computing results and drive action.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Design computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Design computing leader?
– What are the short and long-term Design computing goals?
Artificial Architecture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Artificial Architecture engagements and oversee implementation of Artificial Architecture.
– Do those selected for the Design computing team have a good general understanding of what Design computing is all about?
– How do we know that any Design computing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we go about Comparing Design computing approaches/solutions?
Artificial Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Artificial Intelligence engagements and define Artificial Intelligence competency-based leadership.
– How do we measure improved Design computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we manage Design computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is there any existing Design computing governance structure?
Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture Critical Criteria:
Discourse Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture planning and acquire concise Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Design computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Design computing services/products?
– What is the purpose of Design computing in relation to the mission?
Building Information Modeling Critical Criteria:
Consult on Building Information Modeling leadership and point out improvements in Building Information Modeling.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Design computing. How do we gain traction?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Design computing into the services that we provide?
– Is Design computing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Computational Thinking Critical Criteria:
Use past Computational Thinking risks and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Design computing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Design computing processes of our organization?
– What are our Design computing Processes?
Computational creativity Critical Criteria:
Confer re Computational creativity visions and drive action.
– How is the value delivered by Design computing being measured?
– How can you measure Design computing in a systematic way?
– Who needs to know about Design computing ?
Computer-Aided Design Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Computer-Aided Design planning and devise Computer-Aided Design key steps.
– Does Design computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is there a Design computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What business benefits will Design computing goals deliver if achieved?
Computer Supported Cooperative Work Critical Criteria:
Infer Computer Supported Cooperative Work adoptions and report on setting up Computer Supported Cooperative Work without losing ground.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Design computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Design computing study?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Design computing activities?
Digital morphogenesis Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Digital morphogenesis tasks and correct Digital morphogenesis management by competencies.
– Are accountability and ownership for Design computing clearly defined?
– Is Design computing Required?
Key Centre of Design Computing and Cognition Critical Criteria:
Grasp Key Centre of Design Computing and Cognition results and spearhead techniques for implementing Key Centre of Design Computing and Cognition.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Design computing in a volatile global economy?
– Can we do Design computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Critical Criteria:
Probe Massachusetts Institute of Technology management and arbitrate Massachusetts Institute of Technology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Does Design computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts Critical Criteria:
Focus on The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts failures and find out.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Design computing is underway?
– How do we Improve Design computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why are Design computing skills important?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Design computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Design computing External links:
A&AA Design Computing Lab | UO Information Technology
Artificial Architecture External links:
Artificial architecture – Home | Facebook
Building Information Modeling External links:
Building information modeling (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Aditazz | Building Information Modeling and AEC …
“Building Information Modeling and Historic Buildings: …
Computational creativity External links:
Computational Creativity | BrainTalks
Computer-Aided Design External links:
Computer-aided Design (1976) – IMDb
Computer-Aided Design – Journal – Elsevier
Computer Supported Cooperative Work External links:
Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) – Springer
Digital morphogenesis External links:
Soundscapes of Digital Morphogenesis in Architecture …
The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts External links:
tHE ROYAL DANISH ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS – prezi.com
KADK | The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools …
[PDF]The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts (KADK) …