What is involved in Application Server
Find out what the related areas are that Application Server connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Server thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Server journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Server leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Server related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Server, On-premises software, Web applications, Computer hardware, Red Hat, Zend Server, Client-side scripting, Microsoft Corporation, Platform as a service, Mod mono, Web page, Web container, DOM events, Khronos Group, Web application, Oracle Fusion Applications, Mod jk, HTML5 Audio, Netscape Server Application Programming Interface, Communications protocol, Java servlet, Media Source Extensions, XAML Browser Applications, Internet Information Services, Open API, Browser Helper Object, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Active Server Pages, Mod perl, Session Initiation Protocol, Internet Server Application Programming Interface, Phusion Passenger, Java BluePrints, Web worker, HTML5 video, Server-sent events, Zend Technologies, Resin Server, Google Native Client, Business logic, Comparison of application servers, Web service, Dynamic web page, HTML5 File API, Mod wsgi, MIT License, Mod ruby, Web Server, Document Object Model, Application Server, JavaServer Pages, Apache Software Foundation, Scalable Vector Graphics, Online and offline, Web IDL, Java EE, Software framework:
Application Server Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Application Server projects and ask questions.
– Consider your own Application Server project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application Server objectives?
– How can the value of Application Server be defined?
On-premises software Critical Criteria:
Coach on On-premises software visions and find answers.
– Can we add value to the current Application Server decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is the Application Server organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Application Server processes?
Web applications Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Web applications tactics and know what your objective is.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Application Server does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Application Server agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can we do Application Server without complex (expensive) analysis?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Think about Computer hardware visions and customize techniques for implementing Computer hardware controls.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Application Server activities?
Red Hat Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Red Hat failures and grade techniques for implementing Red Hat controls.
– Does Application Server analysis show the relationships among important Application Server factors?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Application Server? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is Application Server Required?
Zend Server Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Zend Server failures and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the people you identified for your Application Server project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Application Server leaders?
– Have you identified your Application Server key performance indicators?
Client-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Client-side scripting projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Client-side scripting and constraints.
– For your Application Server project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is our Application Server Strategy?
Microsoft Corporation Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Microsoft Corporation outcomes and achieve a single Microsoft Corporation view and bringing data together.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Application Server models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Application Server is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Application Server with what users do day-to-day?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Confer re Platform as a service projects and transcribe Platform as a service as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Application Server objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are accountability and ownership for Application Server clearly defined?
– Is the scope of Application Server defined?
Mod mono Critical Criteria:
Add value to Mod mono leadership and change contexts.
– How is the value delivered by Application Server being measured?
– Do we all define Application Server in the same way?
Web page Critical Criteria:
Mix Web page results and separate what are the business goals Web page is aiming to achieve.
– Does Application Server include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (data bases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– What is our formula for success in Application Server ?
– Do you index web pages?
Web container Critical Criteria:
Track Web container management and do something to it.
– Is maximizing Application Server protection the same as minimizing Application Server loss?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Application Server moving forward?
DOM events Critical Criteria:
Discourse DOM events planning and finalize specific methods for DOM events acceptance.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Application Server workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Application Server is underway?
Khronos Group Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Khronos Group decisions and stake your claim.
– How do we measure improved Application Server service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Application Server deliverables?
– What are the business goals Application Server is aiming to achieve?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Jump start Web application planning and adopt an insight outlook.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– Do the Application Server decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
Oracle Fusion Applications Critical Criteria:
Coach on Oracle Fusion Applications results and create Oracle Fusion Applications explanations for all managers.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Application Server project manager?
– How to Secure Application Server?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Confer over Mod jk decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Mod jk goal is.
– How do we know that any Application Server analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How important is Application Server to the user organizations mission?
HTML5 Audio Critical Criteria:
Read up on HTML5 Audio outcomes and report on setting up HTML5 Audio without losing ground.
– Why should we adopt a Application Server framework?
– What threat is Application Server addressing?
Netscape Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Netscape Server Application Programming Interface results and stake your claim.
– what is the best design framework for Application Server organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Application Server delivery for example is new software needed?
– Why is Application Server important for you now?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Communications protocol tactics and plan concise Communications protocol education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Application Server processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Application Server?
Java servlet Critical Criteria:
Discourse Java servlet results and oversee Java servlet requirements.
– To what extent does management recognize Application Server as a tool to increase the results?
– Are there Application Server Models?
Media Source Extensions Critical Criteria:
Discourse Media Source Extensions goals and drive action.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Server that make it risky?
– How will you know that the Application Server project has been successful?
– How can we improve Application Server?
XAML Browser Applications Critical Criteria:
Dissect XAML Browser Applications tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling XAML Browser Applications projects.
– When a Application Server manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does Application Server analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Internet Information Services leadership and perfect Internet Information Services conflict management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application Server strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How likely is the current Application Server plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is Application Server dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Open API Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Open API governance and change contexts.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Application Server project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Application Server Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Browser Helper Object Critical Criteria:
Scan Browser Helper Object issues and figure out ways to motivate other Browser Helper Object users.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Application Server processes?
– Is there a Application Server Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Critical Criteria:
Explore JBoss Enterprise Application Platform projects and finalize specific methods for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform acceptance.
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Investigate Active Server Pages governance and acquire concise Active Server Pages education.
– Is there any existing Application Server governance structure?
Mod perl Critical Criteria:
Design Mod perl results and look at the big picture.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Application Server product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do Application Server rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Session Initiation Protocol Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Session Initiation Protocol decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Session Initiation Protocol.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Application Server in a volatile global economy?
– Will Application Server deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Do we have past Application Server Successes?
Internet Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Derive from Internet Server Application Programming Interface visions and check on ways to get started with Internet Server Application Programming Interface.
– What will drive Application Server change?
Phusion Passenger Critical Criteria:
Generalize Phusion Passenger planning and proactively manage Phusion Passenger risks.
– How do we go about Securing Application Server?
Java BluePrints Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Java BluePrints planning and integrate design thinking in Java BluePrints innovation.
– How can you negotiate Application Server successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Application Server process?
Web worker Critical Criteria:
Consider Web worker goals and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the key elements of your Application Server performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What about Application Server Analysis of results?
HTML5 video Critical Criteria:
Check HTML5 video tactics and catalog what business benefits will HTML5 video goals deliver if achieved.
– Which customers cant participate in our Application Server domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Server-sent events Critical Criteria:
See the value of Server-sent events management and ask questions.
– What are the disruptive Application Server technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Zend Technologies Critical Criteria:
Learn from Zend Technologies goals and look at the big picture.
– Think of your Application Server project. what are the main functions?
– How do we maintain Application Servers Integrity?
– How to deal with Application Server Changes?
Resin Server Critical Criteria:
Test Resin Server risks and arbitrate Resin Server techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Google Native Client Critical Criteria:
Sort Google Native Client decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Google Native Client interface.
– What are our needs in relation to Application Server skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Business logic Critical Criteria:
Grade Business logic quality and secure Business logic creativity.
– Among the Application Server product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who needs to know about Application Server ?
Comparison of application servers Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Comparison of application servers outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Comparison of application servers projects.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Application Server, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is Supporting Application Server documentation required?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Web service issues and ask questions.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Dynamic web page Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Dynamic web page failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in Dynamic web page because they lack skills.
HTML5 File API Critical Criteria:
Administer HTML5 File API engagements and overcome HTML5 File API skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What business benefits will Application Server goals deliver if achieved?
– What are internal and external Application Server relations?
Mod wsgi Critical Criteria:
Dissect Mod wsgi planning and handle a jump-start course to Mod wsgi.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Application Server activities?
MIT License Critical Criteria:
Administer MIT License tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in MIT License because they lack skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Application Server into the services that we provide?
– What is the source of the strategies for Application Server strengthening and reform?
Mod ruby Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Mod ruby failures and correct better engagement with Mod ruby results.
– Are there recognized Application Server problems?
Web Server Critical Criteria:
Merge Web Server decisions and integrate design thinking in Web Server innovation.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Application Server project?
Document Object Model Critical Criteria:
Align Document Object Model outcomes and reduce Document Object Model costs.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application Server products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Application Server Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Application Server results and report on the economics of relationships managing Application Server and constraints.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Application Server opportunities costing us money?
– Are we Assessing Application Server and Risk?
JavaServer Pages Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on JavaServer Pages leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for JavaServer Pages.
Apache Software Foundation Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Apache Software Foundation strategies and do something to it.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Application Server process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Application Server process available?
Scalable Vector Graphics Critical Criteria:
Infer Scalable Vector Graphics planning and report on setting up Scalable Vector Graphics without losing ground.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Application Server?
– What are the usability implications of Application Server actions?
Online and offline Critical Criteria:
Think about Online and offline issues and oversee implementation of Online and offline.
– Does Application Server create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Who sets the Application Server standards?
Web IDL Critical Criteria:
Confer re Web IDL planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Web IDL projects.
– Have all basic functions of Application Server been defined?
– How do we keep improving Application Server?
Java EE Critical Criteria:
Recall Java EE decisions and find out what it really means.
Software framework Critical Criteria:
Think about Software framework issues and triple focus on important concepts of Software framework relationship management.
– How do we manage Application Server Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are current Application Server Paradigms?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Server Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Server External links:
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
GSA – FSS Web Application Server
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
On-premises software External links:
Benefits of On-Premises Software
On-Premises Software Pricing – Checkbox Survey Software
On-Premises Software | In-house ERP | Open Systems
Web applications External links:
Village Mortgage Web Applications
Ident-A-Kid Web Applications
RCI Web Applications
Computer hardware External links:
Computer Hardware Inc – Official Site
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
computer hardware A+ Flashcards | Quizlet
Red Hat External links:
About Us – The Red Hat Society, Inc.
Red Hat Inc (RHT) Q3 Earnings Pop 19.7% Y2Y | InvestorPlace
Red Hat Society – Official Site
Zend Server External links:
Zend Server Test Page – RVOS
Zend Server – Official Site
Zend Server Release Notes
Client-side scripting External links:
What is client-side scripting? – Quora
Microsoft Corporation External links:
Microsoft Corporation – MSFT – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Microsoft Corporation – Android Apps on Google Play
Platform as a service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Mod mono External links:
.net – Apache Mod Mono (mod_mono) performance? – …
mod mono – Official Site
Mod mono race – YouTube
Web container External links:
What is web container? – Quora
[R1] Oracle WebLogic Server Web Container …
DOM events External links:
DOM Events | Contact Form 7
Khronos Group External links:
Khronos Group (@thekhronosgroup) | Twitter
The Khronos Group – YouTube
Vulkan Overview – The Khronos Group Inc
Web application External links:
ABIMM WEB Application
INSPI² Web Application – Safeguard Properties
Mod jk External links:
RockKrawler 2.5″ Stock Mod JK Lift – Wanderingtrail
HTML5 Audio External links:
Examples – HTML5 Audio Player for Your Website
Amazing Audio Player | HTML5 Audio Player for Your …
Smart Pearson Player – HTML5 Audio Player
Communications protocol External links:
Modbus-Simple Communications Protocol
Electronic Communications Protocol | Chron.com
Java servlet External links:
JSR-000315 Java Servlet 3.0 Specification 3.0 …
java servlet failing on client site | Adobe Community
JSR-000315 Java Servlet 3.0 Final Release
Media Source Extensions External links:
Media Source Extensions | Web Fundamentals | Google Developers
Media Source Extensions Byte Stream Format Registry
XAML Browser Applications External links:
Introduction to XAML Browser Applications (XBAP): ASP …
WPF XAML Browser Applications (XBAPs) that target …
Internet Information Services External links:
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8 – RaceTrac
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Open API External links:
GPS Tracking Device with Open API | GPSTrackit
AGU Open API Challenge – AGU’s Open API Challenge
Xactly Connect | Data and ETL Web Services & Open API …
Browser Helper Object External links:
How to disable Browser Helper Objects (BHOs)
What Is A BHO (Browser Helper Object)? – Lifewire
BHO, Browser Helper Object – Spybot
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform External links:
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform CVE …
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform – Official Site
SpringMVC on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 …
Active Server Pages External links:
Active Server Pages is not installed – technet.microsoft.com
How to Ping using Active Server Pages – …
Session Initiation Protocol External links:
CiteSeerX — Session Initiation Protocol
Internet Server Application Programming Interface External links:
Internet Server Application Programming Interface – …
Phusion Passenger External links:
Quickstart: Ruby + Phusion Passenger – Passenger Library
Phusion Passenger – RVM: Ruby Version Manager
What is Phusion Passenger? – Quora
Java BluePrints External links:
Java Blueprints – Apache Brooklyn
Web worker External links:
HTML5 Web Workers – tutorialspoint.com
HTML5 Web Workers – W3Schools
Web Workers (Part 1 Out Of 3) | Ido Green
HTML5 video External links:
HTML5Video.org – HTML5 Video Library & Web Video …
Brightcove Player HTML5 Video Player | Brightcove
HTML5 Video – W3Schools
Server-sent events External links:
Server-sent events – Web APIs | MDN – MDN Web Docs
Stream Updates with Server-Sent Events – HTML5 Rocks
Server-sent Events — SitePoint
Zend Technologies External links:
Zend Technologies | Crunchbase
Zend Technologies USA. – MapQuest
Zend Technologies | Headwaters MB
Resin Server External links:
Product Details for Resin Server by Luther, Evander
Business logic External links:
What is business logic? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Can you build a RESTful Business Logic Layer? – Stack Overflow
Ray Anderson: The business logic of sustainability – YouTube
Web service External links:
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
Amazon.com – Marketplace Web Service
CBSV Web Service – Social Security Administration
Dynamic web page External links:
How to develop a dynamic web page using PHP | Web Design
Dynamic web page legal definition of Dynamic web page
LC Technologies and NYAN 2.0 – Dynamic Web Page …
MIT License External links:
DataTables | MIT license
MIT License | Choose a License
MIT License (Expat) Explained in Plain English – TLDRLegal
Web Server External links:
ProjectWise Web Server
ProjectWise Web Server
WISCORS Network Web Server – Welcome
Document Object Model External links:
Untitled | J Query | Document Object Model
Untitled Document | Xml | Document Object Model
Document Object Model – Knowledge Kitchen
Application Server External links:
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
JavaServer Pages External links:
JavaServer Pages (JSP) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
[PDF]JavaServer Pages™ (JSP™) v1.2 Syntax Reference
Apache Software Foundation External links:
The Apache Software Foundation · GitHub
Dashboard – Apache Software Foundation
Apache Software Foundation – Official Site
Scalable Vector Graphics External links:
Scalable Vector Graphics and bitmap rendering using Flex
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny, Version 1.2
How to Style Scalable Vector Graphics Using CSS — SitePoint
Web IDL External links:
GitHub – esrille/esidl: The Esidl Web IDL compiler for C++11
Software framework External links:
What is Software Framework? – Definition from Techopedia