What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 100 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Mobile device management adoptions and ask questions.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile device management project?
– Does the Mobile device management task fit the clients priorities?
– What are internal and external Mobile device management relations?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Mine BlackBerry Enterprise Server visions and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile device management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile device management process available?
– Is Mobile device management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Who sets the Mobile device management standards?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Bring Your Own Device outcomes and describe the risks of Bring Your Own Device sustainability.
– Does Mobile device management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile device management?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Map Cloud computing management and intervene in Cloud computing processes and leadership.
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Guard Device Management Forum planning and track iterative Device Management Forum results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mobile device management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there recognized Mobile device management problems?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Confer re Enterprise mobility management visions and oversee implementation of Enterprise mobility management.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile device management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile device management leader?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Refer to Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 tactics and forecast involvement of future Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 projects in development.
– What is our formula for success in Mobile device management ?
– Are there Mobile device management problems defined?
– How much does Mobile device management help?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program information.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile device management process?
– How do we measure improved Mobile device management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is Supporting Mobile device management documentation required?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Dissect Flooding the market tasks and balance specific methods for improving Flooding the market results.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mobile device management move?
– What is our Mobile device management Strategy?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Detail International mobile subscriber identity strategies and devote time assessing International mobile subscriber identity and its risk.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile device management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are our Mobile device management Processes?
– What is Effective Mobile device management?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Derive from Kiosk software goals and create Kiosk software explanations for all managers.
– Consider your own Mobile device management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile device management been defined?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile application management strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Mobile application management projects.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile device management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile device management processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile device management requirements in detail?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Shape Mobile content management management and observe effective Mobile content management.
– Do we all define Mobile device management in the same way?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Categorize Mobile content management system failures and stake your claim.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile device management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Mobile device management study?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile device management Management?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Mobile device decisions and create a map for yourself.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile device management is underway?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile device management deliverables?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Confer re Mobile phone management and figure out ways to motivate other Mobile phone users.
– In the case of a Mobile device management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile device management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile device management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile device management with what users do day-to-day?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Mobile security tasks and achieve a single Mobile security view and bringing data together.
– For your Mobile device management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile device management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Canvass Network security issues and catalog Network security activities.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– What about Mobile device management Analysis of results?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Open Mobile Alliance decisions and customize techniques for implementing Open Mobile Alliance controls.
– Do we monitor the Mobile device management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mobile device management objectives?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile device management activities?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Investigate Open standard decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile device management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How likely is the current Mobile device management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Examine Over-the-air programming risks and catalog Over-the-air programming activities.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile device management leaders?
– How can the value of Mobile device management be defined?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Point of sale failures and pioneer acquisition of Point of sale systems.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile device management ?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Consult on Rugged computer engagements and transcribe Rugged computer as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do we go about Securing Mobile device management?
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Smart message failures and proactively manage Smart message risks.
– How do we know that any Mobile device management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mobile device management?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Software as a service engagements and integrate design thinking in Software as a service innovation.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile device management project?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile device management needs?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Map Subscriber identity module tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we keep improving Mobile device management?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Tablet computer engagements and adjust implementation of Tablet computer.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile device management strengthening and reform actually originate?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on The SyncML Initiative visions and know what your objective is.
– Is the scope of Mobile device management defined?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Map Windows Update leadership and correct Windows Update management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Mobile device management services/products?
– Among the Mobile device management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we manage Mobile device management Knowledge Management (KM)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Set the mobile device management authority | Microsoft …
Mobile Device Management | MDM | VMware
Best Mobile Device Management Software | 2018 Reviews …
Bring Your Own Device External links:
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – Sprint Business
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | VMware
Bring Your Own Device Program | Kindred Healthcare
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Device Management Forum External links:
Device Management Forum | SEGD
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
Enterprise mobility management External links:
XenMobile – Enterprise Mobility Management Solution – Citrix
SOTI – Enterprise Mobility Management
Enterprise Mobility Management – Staymobile
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program External links:
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
Flooding the market External links:
Storm-Damaged Vehicles Flooding the Market | WHNT.com
Damaged cars flooding the market | Reading Eagle – MONEY
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
International mobile subscriber identity
http://The International Mobile Subscriber Identity or IMSI /ˈɪmziː/ is used to identify the user of a cellular network and is a unique identification associated with all cellular networks. It is stored as a 64 bit field and is sent by the phone to the network.
international mobile subscriber identity | SOFREP
IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) – Tech-FAQ
Kiosk software External links:
Top 20 Kiosk Software 2018 – Compare Reviews – Capterra
Kiosk Software for Windows – KioskSimple Kiosk Software
Kiosk Software : Advanced Kiosks
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management with Microsoft Intune – YouTube
Mobile Application Management | VMware
Mobile Application Management (MAM) – Citrix
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management – MCM Software | MobileIron
Mobile Content Management & EFSS – BlackBerry Software
Mobile Content Management – Sprint Business
Mobile content management system External links:
Smartfolio – Mobile Content Management System
Mobile Content Management System – Smartfolio
Mobile device External links:
T-Mobile Device Unlock app | T-Mobile Support
Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows
DIRECTV App – Watch Streaming TV on Your Mobile Device
Mobile phone External links:
See shopping results for mobile phone
Confirm Your Email or Mobile Phone Number | Facebook …
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Mobile security External links:
Lookout Mobile Security
ADP Mobile Security
Mobile Protection, Enterprise Mobile Security – Skycure
Network security External links:
What is Network Security? Webopedia Definition
Firewall Management Software | Network Security …
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance (@OpenMobileA) | Twitter
System Dashboard – Open Mobile Alliance
Open Mobile Alliance – Gartner IT Glossary
Open standard External links:
Open Standard/Open Source Flashcards | Quizlet
2018 WDSF International Open Standard Finale – Jesi – …
The Final Reel | 2017 World Open Standard | DanceSport Total
Over-the-air programming External links:
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Free POS Software. Point of Sale System | Loyverse POS
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Chassis Plans Rugged Computer Systems Datasheets
Rugged Computer System Sales Representatives
Smart message External links:
Smart Message for Mobile Marketing – YouTube
GitHub – dotCtor/jQuery.msgBox: A smart message …
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Subscriber identity module External links:
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
Subscriber Identity Module – Monico Perez
Subscriber identity module | emotions overload
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
The SyncML Initiative External links:
Cover Pages: The SyncML Initiative
The SyncML Initiative – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/the syncml initiative/en-en
Windows Update External links:
How to turn off Windows Update in Windows 10
Windows Update: FAQ – Windows Help – support.microsoft.com
How do I reset Windows Update components?