What is involved in Credit Scoring
Find out what the related areas are that Credit Scoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Credit Scoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Credit Scoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Credit Scoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Credit Scoring related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Credit Scoring, Credit score, Alternative data, Bad debt, Basel II, Christer Fuglesang, Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Credit bureau, Credit history, Credit reference, Credit report, Credit report monitoring, Credit score in the United States, Credit scorecards, Data Protection Directive, Data mining, Dun & Bradstreet, Enforcement Authority, FICO score, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Isaac, Finance and Leasing Association, Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, High Mark Credit Information Services, Identity scoring, Identity theft, Interest rate, Logistic function, Logistic regression, Multivariate adaptive regression splines, National identification number, Predictive analytics, Random forest, Reserve Bank of India, Risk-based pricing, South Africa, Stockholm congestion tax, Trusted system, Wall Street reform, Washington Mutual:
Credit Scoring Critical Criteria:
Generalize Credit Scoring tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Credit Scoring.
– Consider your own Credit Scoring project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– To what extent does management recognize Credit Scoring as a tool to increase the results?
Credit score Critical Criteria:
Probe Credit score goals and perfect Credit score conflict management.
– When a Credit Scoring manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Credit Scoring study?
Alternative data Critical Criteria:
Map Alternative data strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Alternative data because they lack skills.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Credit Scoring strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there Credit Scoring problems defined?
– Is Credit Scoring Required?
Bad debt Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Bad debt planning and stake your claim.
– Think about the functions involved in your Credit Scoring project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Credit Scoring?
– Have all basic functions of Credit Scoring been defined?
Basel II Critical Criteria:
Trace Basel II engagements and point out Basel II tensions in leadership.
Christer Fuglesang Critical Criteria:
Unify Christer Fuglesang risks and assess what counts with Christer Fuglesang that we are not counting.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Credit Scoring models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Credit Scoring project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Credit Scoring requirements in detail?
Credit Karma Critical Criteria:
Confer re Credit Karma management and correct better engagement with Credit Karma results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Credit Scoring into the services that we provide?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Credit Scoring processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Credit Scoring deliverables?
Credit Sesame Critical Criteria:
Shape Credit Sesame results and define what do we need to start doing with Credit Sesame.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Credit Scoring process?
– What are our needs in relation to Credit Scoring skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Credit bureau Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Credit bureau issues and explain and analyze the challenges of Credit bureau.
– What are the disruptive Credit Scoring technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does our organization need more Credit Scoring education?
Credit history Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Credit history strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Credit history.
– Will Credit Scoring have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can you measure Credit Scoring in a systematic way?
– Who sets the Credit Scoring standards?
Credit reference Critical Criteria:
Examine Credit reference engagements and create Credit reference explanations for all managers.
– In a project to restructure Credit Scoring outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Do the Credit Scoring decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are we Assessing Credit Scoring and Risk?
Credit report Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Credit report risks and find the essential reading for Credit report researchers.
– Is the Credit Scoring organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Credit Scoring?
Credit report monitoring Critical Criteria:
Check Credit report monitoring outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Credit report monitoring services.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Credit Scoring project manager?
Credit score in the United States Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Credit score in the United States governance and arbitrate Credit score in the United States techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Credit Scoring is underway?
– What business benefits will Credit Scoring goals deliver if achieved?
– Which Credit Scoring goals are the most important?
Credit scorecards Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Credit scorecards failures and reduce Credit scorecards costs.
– Is Supporting Credit Scoring documentation required?
– Is a Credit Scoring Team Work effort in place?
Data Protection Directive Critical Criteria:
Chat re Data Protection Directive tactics and gather Data Protection Directive models .
– What are specific Credit Scoring Rules to follow?
– How would one define Credit Scoring leadership?
– How can the value of Credit Scoring be defined?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Devise Data mining risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Data mining.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Credit Scoring workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– What is the source of the strategies for Credit Scoring strengthening and reform?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What are the barriers to increased Credit Scoring production?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Dun & Bradstreet Critical Criteria:
Categorize Dun & Bradstreet engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Dun & Bradstreet.
– what is the best design framework for Credit Scoring organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How can you negotiate Credit Scoring successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Enforcement Authority Critical Criteria:
Grade Enforcement Authority quality and find out.
– Will Credit Scoring deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
FICO score Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate FICO score decisions and acquire concise FICO score education.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Credit Scoring products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Credit Scoring project?
Fair Credit Reporting Act Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Fair Credit Reporting Act issues and catalog Fair Credit Reporting Act activities.
– How do we keep improving Credit Scoring?
Fair Isaac Critical Criteria:
Mix Fair Isaac risks and define what our big hairy audacious Fair Isaac goal is.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Credit Scoring processes?
– Does Credit Scoring analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How important is Credit Scoring to the user organizations mission?
Finance and Leasing Association Critical Criteria:
See the value of Finance and Leasing Association goals and plan concise Finance and Leasing Association education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Credit Scoring processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Credit Scoring values?
Financial Conduct Authority Critical Criteria:
Focus on Financial Conduct Authority tactics and optimize Financial Conduct Authority leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is Credit Scoring Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the business goals Credit Scoring is aiming to achieve?
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Financial Consumer Agency of Canada planning and work towards be a leading Financial Consumer Agency of Canada expert.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Credit Scoring goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Credit Scoring agendas for the next 3 years?
High Mark Credit Information Services Critical Criteria:
Meet over High Mark Credit Information Services goals and research ways can we become the High Mark Credit Information Services company that would put us out of business.
Identity scoring Critical Criteria:
Refer to Identity scoring risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Identity scoring.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Credit Scoring experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Credit Scoring forward?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Merge Identity theft projects and gather practices for scaling Identity theft.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– Are assumptions made in Credit Scoring stated explicitly?
Interest rate Critical Criteria:
Sort Interest rate results and look at it backwards.
– What is your current effective interest rate on loans?
– What are the usability implications of Credit Scoring actions?
– What threat is Credit Scoring addressing?
– Are there Credit Scoring Models?
Logistic function Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Logistic function tasks and get answers.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Credit Scoring activities?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Credit Scoring activities?
– Why should we adopt a Credit Scoring framework?
Logistic regression Critical Criteria:
Rank Logistic regression engagements and tour deciding if Logistic regression progress is made.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Credit Scoring in a volatile global economy?
– Do those selected for the Credit Scoring team have a good general understanding of what Credit Scoring is all about?
– How can skill-level changes improve Credit Scoring?
Multivariate adaptive regression splines Critical Criteria:
Talk about Multivariate adaptive regression splines tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Multivariate adaptive regression splines.
– How do we manage Credit Scoring Knowledge Management (KM)?
National identification number Critical Criteria:
Group National identification number goals and get the big picture.
– Have you identified your Credit Scoring key performance indicators?
– Do Credit Scoring rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Predictive analytics Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Predictive analytics failures and customize techniques for implementing Predictive analytics controls.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Credit Scoring. How do we gain traction?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– Is Credit Scoring dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we go about Comparing Credit Scoring approaches/solutions?
Random forest Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Random forest tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Does Credit Scoring appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What about Credit Scoring Analysis of results?
Reserve Bank of India Critical Criteria:
Dissect Reserve Bank of India governance and probe Reserve Bank of India strategic alliances.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Credit Scoring strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Risk-based pricing Critical Criteria:
Grade Risk-based pricing adoptions and find out what it really means.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Credit Scoring move?
– How do we maintain Credit Scorings Integrity?
South Africa Critical Criteria:
Accommodate South Africa management and optimize South Africa leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are accountability and ownership for Credit Scoring clearly defined?
– How to deal with Credit Scoring Changes?
Stockholm congestion tax Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Stockholm congestion tax adoptions and report on setting up Stockholm congestion tax without losing ground.
– Does Credit Scoring include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Trusted system Critical Criteria:
Steer Trusted system planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Trusted system results.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Credit Scoring? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the key elements of your Credit Scoring performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Wall Street reform Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Wall Street reform engagements and work towards be a leading Wall Street reform expert.
Washington Mutual Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Washington Mutual issues and innovate what needs to be done with Washington Mutual.
– Who needs to know about Credit Scoring ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Credit Scoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Credit Scoring External links:
Credit Scoring – Creditworthy
[PDF]The impact of credit scoring on consumer lending
Land Title: Credit Scoring
Credit score External links:
Free Credit Score & Report Check with CreditWise | Capital One
RentReporters – Change your credit score, change your life.
Free Credit Score and Triple Credit Scores | Go Free Credit
Alternative data External links:
Alternative Data for Financial Markets | The Weather …
Alternative Data for Subprime Auto Lending – Insights
Alternative Data | Alternative Credit Data | TransUnion
Bad debt External links:
Deducting Bad Debt | Internal Revenue Service
For Providers – Reduce Healthcare Bad Debt | CarePayment
Small Claims Processing – Turn your Bad Debt Into a Judgment
Basel II External links:
Basel II – Investopedia
What is Basel II? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Basel II Overview For Interview With A Major Bank in …
Christer Fuglesang External links:
Christer Fuglesang – Home | Facebook
Credit Karma External links:
Credit Karma – Android Apps on Google Play
Credit Karma – Home | Facebook
Credit Karma Engineering :: Home
Credit Sesame External links:
Credit Sesame – Home | Facebook
Credit Card Offers, Credit Card Match – Credit Sesame
Credit Sesame – Official Site
Credit bureau External links:
American Credit Bureau – acbinteractive.com
Equifax Customer Login · Customer Service · Account Login · Credit Bureau
http://C-4.1-02: Suspending Credit Bureau Reporting (11/12/2014)
C-4.1-02: Suspending Credit Bureau Reporting (11/12/2014)
Credit history External links:
Credit History is Important – FHA.com
$ Title Payday Loans ★★★ 600 Loans With No Credit History
Credit reference External links:
[PDF]Credit Reference Request – creditproworld.com
Dow Credit Reference
[PDF]Business Credit Reference Sheet – Quality Color …
http://www.mediagraphix.com/forms/Credit Application 1-06.pdf
Credit report External links:
In-File Credit Report | CENTURY 21
View the definition of In-File Credit Report and preview the CENTURY 21 glossary of popular real estate terminology to help along your buying or selling process.
http://B3-5.2-02: Types of Credit Reports (08/30/2016)
[PDF]MERGED INFILE CREDIT REPORT – ARC – Login
Credit report monitoring External links:
[PDF]Experian Credit Report Monitoring and ID Theft …
What Is Infile Credit – 3 Credit Report Monitoring Service
Free Credit Scores & Credit Report Monitoring | Credit Karma
Data Protection Directive External links:
European Union Data Protection Directive Privacy Statement
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Project Title: Data Mining to Improve Water Management
UT Data Mining
Job Titles in Data Mining – kdnuggets.com
Enforcement Authority External links:
Enforcement authority | Mass.gov
OIG Law Enforcement Authority | Office of Inspector General
[PDF]Accreditation Program Enforcement Authority
FICO score External links:
What Is a FICO Score? — The Motley Fool
FICO Score | Commerce Bank
PSECU – What Is Not in Your FICO Score?
Fair Credit Reporting Act External links:
What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act? | Know Your Rights!
Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)/FACT Act
Fair Credit Reporting Act. | CENTURY 21
Fair Isaac External links:
Fair Isaac – FICO – Stock Price & News | The Motley Fool
FICO – Stock Quote and Charts for Fair Isaac
Fair Isaac Corproation Common Stock (FICO) – NASDAQ.com
Finance and Leasing Association External links:
Finance and Leasing Association News – am-online.com
Financial Conduct Authority External links:
Financial Conduct Authority | Business | The Guardian
Financial Conduct Authority – Financial Services Register
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada External links:
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) – Home | Facebook
Financial Consumer Agency Of Canada Publishes 2016 …
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada publishes 2016 …
Identity scoring External links:
Juvo Identity Scoring | Stevie Awards
Identity theft External links:
Identity Theft | Consumer Information
Identity Theft Protection Service | Protect My ID
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Interest rate External links:
Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan – VA Home Loans
APR vs. Interest Rate – Learn the Differences
Low Intro Interest Rate Credit Cards | Capital One
Logistic function External links:
logistic function – Wiktionary
Logistic function – Calculus
Logistic function – OpenWetWare
Logistic regression External links:
Logistic Regression – San Francisco State University
What is Logistic Regression? – Statistics Solutions
Video 7: Logistic Regression – Introduction – YouTube
Multivariate adaptive regression splines External links:
Friedman : Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines
[PDF]MULTIVARIATE ADAPTIVE REGRESSION SPLINES*
CiteSeerX — Multivariate adaptive regression splines
National identification number External links:
National Identification Number – Malaysia
Predictive analytics External links:
Customer Analytics & Predictive Analytics Tools for Business
Inventory Optimization for Retail | Predictive Analytics
Store Lifecycle Management & Predictive Analytics | Tango
Random forest External links:
dyno style – random forest
WQD.5 – Random Forest | STAT 897D
1 answer: How to implement random forest in WEKA – Quora
Reserve Bank of India External links:
Reserve Bank of India – Database
Reserve Bank of India – RBI
Reserve Bank of India
Risk-based pricing External links:
Risk-based Pricing Solutions | Credit Check | TransUnion
South Africa External links:
Viagra Line South Africa | BestBuyzUSA
Transformers Expo South Africa
Henkel South Africa Beauty Care Images
Stockholm congestion tax External links:
Stockholm Congestion Tax Remains Unpopular
Protests Mar Opening of Stockholm Congestion Tax
Stockholm Congestion Tax – YouTube
Trusted system External links:
[PDF]Trusted System – California
Biplan Global – your trusted system integrator
Wall Street reform External links:
Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform Act Summary – The Balance
[PDF]DODD-FRANK WALL STREET REFORM AND …
Washington Mutual External links:
WAMUQ Stock Quote – Washington Mutual Inc – …
RWMGX American Funds Washington Mutual R6 Fund …