What is involved in Infrastructure as a service
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure as a service connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure as a service thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure as a service journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure as a service leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure as a service related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure as a service, Zoho Corporation, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, IBM cloud computing, Hardware virtualization, HP Cloud, Platform as a service, Data center, Google Cloud Platform, VMware vCloud Air, Engine Yard, VMware ESX, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Distributed file system for cloud, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Comparison of structured storage software, Cloud computing security, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, G Suite, Virtual private network, EXo Platform, Software as a service, Disk image, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Online Services, Carrier cloud, Web API, Data centers, HPE Helion, Zadara Storage, Virtual appliance, Infrastructure as a service, Linux kernel, Apache CloudStack, Virtual machine, Object storage, EMC Atmos, SAP Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Cloud database, Virtual private cloud:
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Infrastructure as a service tasks and grade techniques for implementing Infrastructure as a service controls.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Infrastructure as a service effort?
– How can skill-level changes improve Infrastructure as a service?
– How do we maintain Infrastructure as a services Integrity?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Check Zoho Corporation projects and triple focus on important concepts of Zoho Corporation relationship management.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Infrastructure as a service leaders?
– Who sets the Infrastructure as a service standards?
Kernel-based Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Pilot Kernel-based Virtual Machine quality and point out improvements in Kernel-based Virtual Machine.
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure as a service technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure as a service, including any consulting or professional services?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Focus on IBM cloud computing planning and triple focus on important concepts of IBM cloud computing relationship management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Infrastructure as a service in a volatile global economy?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Infrastructure as a service process?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Read up on Hardware virtualization goals and devote time assessing Hardware virtualization and its risk.
– To what extent does management recognize Infrastructure as a service as a tool to increase the results?
– Have you identified your Infrastructure as a service key performance indicators?
– What threat is Infrastructure as a service addressing?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase HP Cloud tasks and separate what are the business goals HP Cloud is aiming to achieve.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Infrastructure as a service ?
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure as a service needs?
– Have all basic functions of Infrastructure as a service been defined?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Guide Platform as a service risks and achieve a single Platform as a service view and bringing data together.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Infrastructure as a service product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does Infrastructure as a service systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Understand Data center tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– How to Secure Infrastructure as a service?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Google Cloud Platform projects and plan concise Google Cloud Platform education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Infrastructure as a service process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Infrastructure as a service process available?
– Is Infrastructure as a service dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the business goals Infrastructure as a service is aiming to achieve?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Unify VMware vCloud Air adoptions and learn.
– Think about the people you identified for your Infrastructure as a service project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure as a service agendas for the next 3 years?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Boost Engine Yard visions and get answers.
– How can you negotiate Infrastructure as a service successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there a Infrastructure as a service Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
VMware ESX Critical Criteria:
Explore VMware ESX risks and probe VMware ESX strategic alliances.
– In what ways are Infrastructure as a service vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Infrastructure as a service opportunities costing us money?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Are there Infrastructure as a service Models?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand risks and create a map for yourself.
– Which customers cant participate in our Infrastructure as a service domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Infrastructure as a service objectives?
– What are all of our Infrastructure as a service domains and what do they do?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Guard Distributed file system for cloud leadership and find answers.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Infrastructure as a service is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What business benefits will Infrastructure as a service goals deliver if achieved?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Have a session on FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 risks and oversee implementation of FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5.
– In the case of a Infrastructure as a service project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Infrastructure as a service project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Infrastructure as a service project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we manage Infrastructure as a service Knowledge Management (KM)?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Comparison of structured storage software governance and secure Comparison of structured storage software creativity.
– Will Infrastructure as a service have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is the Infrastructure as a service organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the long-term Infrastructure as a service goals?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Cloud computing security tactics and oversee implementation of Cloud computing security.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Infrastructure as a service delivery for example is new software needed?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Abiquo Enterprise Edition tactics and explore and align the progress in Abiquo Enterprise Edition.
– How will you measure your Infrastructure as a service effectiveness?
– How would one define Infrastructure as a service leadership?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Canvass G Suite tactics and probe the present value of growth of G Suite.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Infrastructure as a service project?
– Does the Infrastructure as a service task fit the clients priorities?
– How can you measure Infrastructure as a service in a systematic way?
Virtual private network Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Virtual private network decisions and create a map for yourself.
– Consider your own Infrastructure as a service project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the short and long-term Infrastructure as a service goals?
– Do we all define Infrastructure as a service in the same way?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Deliberate EXo Platform goals and finalize specific methods for EXo Platform acceptance.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Infrastructure as a service does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software as a service management and look in other fields.
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure as a service skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure as a service project manager?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Disk image Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Disk image adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Disk image.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure as a service?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure as a service is underway?
– How do we Improve Infrastructure as a service service perception, and satisfaction?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Microsoft Azure quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– When a Infrastructure as a service manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How is the value delivered by Infrastructure as a service being measured?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Nurse Microsoft Online Services projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Microsoft Online Services services.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Infrastructure as a service into the services that we provide?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Infrastructure as a service?
– Are there recognized Infrastructure as a service problems?
Carrier cloud Critical Criteria:
Mix Carrier cloud tasks and budget for Carrier cloud challenges.
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure as a service deliverables?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Derive from Web API management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Web API.
– Do we monitor the Infrastructure as a service decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Data centers Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data centers tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Data centers projects.
– Do the Infrastructure as a service decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Can we do Infrastructure as a service without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Trace HPE Helion issues and plan concise HPE Helion education.
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Use past Zadara Storage quality and find answers.
– Among the Infrastructure as a service product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Infrastructure as a service that make it risky?
– What are current Infrastructure as a service Paradigms?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Analyze Virtual appliance issues and know what your objective is.
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Boost Infrastructure as a service results and check on ways to get started with Infrastructure as a service.
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure as a service team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure as a service is all about?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Infrastructure as a service?
– Which Infrastructure as a service goals are the most important?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Confer re Linux kernel management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Linux kernel.
– Why should we adopt a Infrastructure as a service framework?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Apache CloudStack planning and know what your objective is.
– What are the key elements of your Infrastructure as a service performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure as a service project. what processes flow from these functions?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Virtual machine visions and probe Virtual machine strategic alliances.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– How will you know that the Infrastructure as a service project has been successful?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Infrastructure as a service activities?
– Think of your Infrastructure as a service project. what are the main functions?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
Object storage Critical Criteria:
Model after Object storage leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does our organization need more Infrastructure as a service education?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Transcribe EMC Atmos issues and check on ways to get started with EMC Atmos.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Infrastructure as a service leader?
– Why are Infrastructure as a service skills important?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Deliberate SAP Cloud Platform goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in SAP Cloud Platform because they lack skills.
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Investigate Amazon Web Services visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Amazon Web Services skills.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Infrastructure as a service moving forward?
– What are the barriers to increased Infrastructure as a service production?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What will drive Infrastructure as a service change?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Cloud database visions and figure out ways to motivate other Cloud database users.
– Will Infrastructure as a service deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How much does Infrastructure as a service help?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Virtual private cloud quality and research ways can we become the Virtual private cloud company that would put us out of business.
– In a project to restructure Infrastructure as a service outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure as a service been identified and analyzed?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure as a service Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Kernel-based Virtual Machine External links:
KVM – Kernel-based Virtual Machine
Kernel-Based Virtual Machine – reddit
HP Cloud External links:
HP Cloud Services – Google+
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Data center External links:
DVL Group: Mission Critical Data Center Power and …
Race and Ethnicity Classifications — State Data Center
Lenovo Official US Site | Computers, Smartphones, Data Center
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Google Cloud Platform Podcast
Google Cloud Platform
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air – Dedicated Cloud Platform | CenturyLink
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
Read Engine Yard reviews. Learn the pros/cons, pricing, integrations and feature ratings before you buy.
Engine Yard – Official Site
VMware ESX External links:
Jul 04, 2015 · Download vEMan – VMware ESX/ESXi Manager for free. An unofficial VMware® ESX/ESXi Manager for Linux. vEMan – [v]Mware [E]SX [Man]ager provides a …
VMware ESX / ESXi file Management – Veeam FastSCP 3.0
[PDF]VMware ESX Server Using Raw Device Mapping
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand | …
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – Fujitsu United States
Cloud computing security External links:
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
Section 24. Cloud Computing Security Policy
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Abiquo Enterprise Edition
G Suite External links:
G Suite | Google for Education
G Suite Status Dashboard – google.com
FAQs for G Suite – – Google
Virtual private network External links:
Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Northeastern ITS
VPN Virtual Private Network Services | Private Internet …
A virtual private network (VPN) is the extension of a private network that encompasses links across shared or public networks like the Internet. With a VPN, you can send data between two computers across a shared or public network in a manner that emulates a point-to-point private link. Virtual private networking is the act of creating and configuring a virtual private network.
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform (@eXoPlatform) | Twitter
eXo Platform Reviews | G2 Crowd
Streamline Team Collaboration with eXo Platform – YouTube
Software as a service External links:
FinTech Software as a Service for AP, AR & HR | DataServ
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Disk image External links:
Linux Virtual Disk Image Downloads | Linux Training …
Five Best Disk Image Tools – Lifehacker
What is disk image? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Microsoft Azure External links:
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Microsoft Online Services
Carrier cloud External links:
The VT Carrier Cloud = VeriTread = The Heavy-Haul …
Digitalk Carrier Cloud | Wholesale voice platform – Digitalk
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
ASP.NET Web API
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Data centers External links:
Colocation Milwaukee – Data Centers
Data centers – Google Data centers
HPE Helion External links:
HPE Helion CloudSystem Enterprise (v. 10) – license – CDW
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Caringo is Now HPE Helion Ready | Caringo
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage Cube – 1.6TB SSD block and file storage
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage | Crunchbase
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Linux kernel External links:
The Linux Kernel Archives – FAQ
Pantech UML295 Linux kernel support | Verizon Community
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
60 Recipes for Apache CloudStack – O’Reilly Media
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
Object storage External links:
Object Storage versus Block Storage: Understanding …
Store unstructured data in the cloud with Azure Blob storage (object storage).
EMC Atmos External links:
EMC Atmos Generation 3 G3 – SSCS
[PDF]EMC ATMOS CLOUD STORAGE
ECS 2.0 – ECS EMC Atmos Object Service API support
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
mind-demous – SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services Login – Altiscale
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Private Cloud Hosting Services – Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform